Pretty simple, every Tom, Dick and Harry (Jadu-Madhu) are nowadays gaining an enviable amount of return on their investment in IPO. IPO is considered as safe and one of the most profitable investments in Bangladesh.
Well, then why isn’t everyone investing in IPO? Virtually is. The total number of unique BO accounts those apply for IPOs are 21 lac, and growing. With bdipo applying for IPOs has become even easier.
Now, here is a fool’s guide to apply for IPOs in Bangladesh 🙂 —
A. BO account opening:
In order to apply for IPO (Initial public offering) in Bangladesh you need to have a BO (Beneficiary Owner’s) account. So, if you don’t have a BO account you need to open one.
1. Go to any brokerage house or merchant banks.
2. Collect a BO account opening form or download it form here.
3. Fill-up the BO account form. You need to have the following docs with you.
- A bank account with your name and a copy of bank certificate which will prove that, you have a bank account. Alternatively, you can provide recent bank statement.
- A copy of your national identity card.
- Photo of you as well as your nominee. In case of joint account you need to provide the photo of joint account holders well.
4. Submit the form with due papers to the brokerage house or merchant bank from where you took the form. Depending on the brokerage house they will charge you Tk. 300 to 1000.
5. After a couple of days you will get a 16 digit BO account number with relevant information from the brocker house.
Now you are ready to apply for IPO.
B. Form fill-up and deposit the application:
1. Visit Open IPO
section of bdipo for upcoming IPO’s. Meanwhile, you can enter your BO accounts information at bdipo after registration
. Before the opening date of subscription of any company, print an application form with your BO information (bdipo
will automatically do this for you).
2. Go to designated banks with either cash or cheque and the application form.
3. Deposit the money along with the application form.
4. Bank will provide an acknowledgement slip (which is basically the bottom part of the application form) with a serial number.
1. You need to wait for a minimum of 25 days for the result after the subscription closes.
2. Keep an eye on the News
section of bdipo for the publication of result.
3. The Result
will be published in bdipo on the specified date.
4. On the homepage of bdipo
you will see a link of the company. Simply, go there, select the bank and branch on which you deposited the application form and enter the serial number provided by them. If you are lucky then your number will show up.
D. What if you get the IPO?
Well, you need to wait for another month or so for the trading to start in secondary market. You will get the news from the News section of bdipo . At this point be ready to bag some handsome profit out of it because the gain is historically from 200% to a jaw-opening number.
E. What if you don’t get the IPO?
Try again next time :). But, you need to get your money back too, don’t you? To know the schedule of distribution of refund warrants you need to check the information provided by companies. Now a days most of the online banks provide the facility to auto credit of the refund amount.
Point to notice:
You can apply from at most two BO accounts (one in single and other in a joint account) for a single IPO. Applying more than that will disqualify your application.
That’s it! Please feel free to let us know if you need to know anything else regarding IPO application. Go ahead, put your click the comment link below.
Meanwhile, stay tuned and wait for the next IPOs!